“The B1X is designed at the adventurous photographer who’s willing to go the extra mile. Whether that’s hanging off the side of a mountain or in the middle of a desert - this is no ‘stay-at-home flash’ so speed and simplicity is crucial.”
Quick to set up. Easy to use.
Profoto doesn’t do complicated. The B1X is a fully cordless light with few simple, intuitive controls and a large easy-to-read LED display. So instead of tripping over cables or fiddling with sub menus or user manuals, you can focus on being creative. Sometimes less is more.
Capture the moment in perfect light with AirTTL
Finding the right exposure first time can be a challenge when time is limited or the light is constantly changing. AirTTL automatically does it all for you, just point and shoot.
Shape light in broad daylight with HSS
With Profoto High-Speed Sync (HSS) it doesn’t matter how bright the sun shines. It enables you to use your flash at shutter speeds up to 1/8,000s. So you can overpower the sun and shape your light even with large apertures in broad daylight.
Battery power you can rely on
Don’t worry about losing power at a vital moment –B1X’s rechargeable Lithium-ion battery provides up to 325 flashes at full power and tens of thousands at lowest power. And it recharges in no time.
Modeling light with power and quality
A powerful LED modeling light enables you to preview your shot and evaluate how light and shadows falls on the subject. The power and quality of the modeling light also makes it very useful as main or fill light in low light situations.
With tools to explore your light shaping potential
Photography is all about controlling and shaping light. With the B1X it is easy to take your creativity to the next level with our dedicated range of compact, lightweight OCF Light Shaping Tools.
- 901028 B1X To-Go Kit 500 AirTTL
- 901027 B1X Location Kit 500 AirTTL
- 0.1-1.9 (Quick burst up to 20 flashes/second)
Max modeling light
- 24W LED (Output equivalent to 130W Halogen)
Flash duration normal mode (t0.5)
- 1/11,000 s (2Ws) - 1/1,000 s (500Ws)
Flash duration freeze mode (t0.5)
- 1/19,000 s (2Ws) - 1/1,000 s (500Ws)
High Speed Sync
- Up to 1/8,000s with 9 f-stop power range
Guide number @2m / 100 ISO with Magnum Reflector
- High-resolution display with a superior, intuitive interface.
- W 14 cm (5.5”)
- L cm (12.2”)
- H cm (8.3”)
- 3 kg (6.6 lbs) including battery
Radio sync and control
- Yes, built in AirTTL supporting wireless sync, control and TTL. Fully integrated with other AirTTL flashes such as B2 and D2. (Requires an Air Remote TTL that is sold separately.)
Recommended Accessories for Air
- 901039 Air Remote TTL-C for Canon
- 901040 Air Remote TTL-N for Nikon
- 901045 Air Remote TTL-S for Sony
- 901046 Air Remote TTL-O for Olympus
- 901031 Air Remote for most DSLRs and medium format cameras.